DCEH is Hiring a Emergency Rental Assistance Coordinator
DCEH is seeking applicants for the ERA Coordinator role. The Coordinator works to facilitate and coordinate the Downtown Congregations to End Homelessness Emergency Rental Assistance program through application intake and review, maintaining positive working relationships with landlords and clients to mediate their tenancy, and collaborate with member congregations to support Emergency Rental Assistance volunteers. The coordinator role is part-time for 25 hours a week at $15-$18 an hour depending on qualifications, and they report to the Director of DCEH.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 21st. The full job description is below and and downloadable version can be found here.
- Process collected applications from member congregations
- Maintain and distribute to member congregations all documents needed for applications
- Verify applications collected by congregations are accurate, consistent and meet program requirements
- Ensure congregational volunteers and staff are trained as needed on how to process applications
- Contact landlords and make arrangements for clients to keep their housing
- Maintain a positive professional relationship with local landlords
- Advocate with landlords on behalf of clients to resolve outstanding issues
- Work out payment plans with clients and landlords for any DCEH rental assistance
- Coordinate client relationships with DCEH
- Decide, with the ERA Review Team, which applicants to financially support
- Communicate decisions of the ERA Review Team with clients
- Ensure that the client meets engagement goals leading to rental assistance
- Manage the internal databases and all record keeping and programmatic changes
- Participate in Direct Service Providers meetings to facilitate relationships across the collaborative
- Track trend and use data to inform program changes
- Produce accurate program financial statements
- Other duties as needed or assigned
- Basic understanding of rental market and housing challenges
- Experience with diverse communities and communicating with folk in crisis
- Excellent communications skills including customer service experience, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite with some database experience
- Understanding of the intersection of the mission and work of non-profits, government entities, and religious congregations
- Self motivated with individual time management skills for independent project management
- Able to move freely in and out of a variety of settings on the congregations’ campuses and off-site
- Interfaith collaboration: Shows respect for all faith traditions, which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and shared values of the collaboration. Understands and respects the plurality of faiths and traditions that are DCEH. Behaves in such a way that honors the values of the faith communities.
- Leadership: Understands their own strengths and continues to develop these skills. Open to coaching from the lead in their area so that strengths can grow and deepen. Initiates the scheduling of needed meetings for projects. Schedules the one-on-one meetings with members of your team according the staffing and volunteer model. Leaders will work to delegate and so empower colleagues so they develop personally and professionally.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships with all others who are relevant to the completion of work; works well with people at all levels of the organization which includes the congregations, partners and the wider community; builds appropriate rapport; considers the impact of their actions on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; avoids communication triangles.
- Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of DCEH which includes Ending Homelessness through a faith perspective; can demonstrate those values to others; consistently behaves in a manner congruent with the mission, vision, values and beliefs.
- Project Management: Identifies the key objectives and scope of a proposed project; garners needed resources and project support, develops a realistic and thorough plan for achieving key objectives, keeps team members briefed on progress, implements action plans, communicates progress to sponsors, identifies and resolves barriers and problems
- Cultural Development: Seeks ways of continuing to grow in cultural competency through the work of DCEH; consistently attends to the ways various cultures impact and enliven the collaboration, practices behaviors that build bridges between cultures and encourages language and behavior that moves the collaboration forward.
The responsibilities listed above are representative responsibilities intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by staff members assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications required of the position.