Everyone has access to safe decent and affordable housing in Minneapolis
To engage our congregations and communities in the work to end homelessness
- Inspire: Call people to take action based on religious values
- Educate: Strengthen awareness of the issues of homelessness and appropriate solutions
- Advocate: Build the public will for policy change
- Serve: Coordinate delivery of services among congregations
- Every person has inherent dignity
- Housing is a Human Right
- Our commitment to the common good requires us to take action to end homelessness
- Interfaith collaboration
Our Organizational Structure
In addition to the member congregations, the organizational structure of the DCEH includes a steering committee made up of professional outreach staff from member congregations and partner organizations, an Interfaith Team of Lay Team Leaders from member congregations, a full-time staff. and various sub-committees for Advocacy and Direct Services.
_____________________________________________________________________________The Downtown Congregations to End Homelessness (DCEH) is an interfaith collaboration of 16 downtown Minneapolis churches, synagogues and mosques working together to end homelessness and poverty. DCEH focuses on shifting from an immediate needs approach to long term solutions through a combination of education, advocacy and action. Through learning and volunteer opportunities for congregants, community partnerships, and development of effective strategies and programs, the DCEH is committed to impacting the community around us to decrease homelessness.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-17793107-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);